Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Curriculum for the fall school year 2019-2020

Usually after the Christmas season I start looking for what we will use for the next school year.  This helps me find the deals.  I may just have one child homeschooling but it adds up.

So this is what is on the schedule for the fall so far... our core subjects

Math- Teaching Textbooks. This year I will be using the online version.  This past school year Samantha went about 1 month of not doing math as we were using the disks.  Well her computer broke with her math disk inside.  We ended up taking it to a friend to fix and over all it was about a month of no math.  It wouldn't have been so bad if she was at the end of that disk.. It comes with 4 disks. But she had just started that disk so I couldn't push her forward.  I have compared prices and the online program is about the same as I pay for used TT disks.

Grammar-  Learning Language Arts through Literature.

Science-  Masterbooks - Survey of Geology and Archaeology.  It lists the curriculum as  7-12 grade. We should have lots of fun with this study.  We are going to add in some exciting field trips.

History-  I decided along with Samantha that we should do a year of Geography instead of period history.  We are excited to use Heart of Dakota World Geography.    EDITED to add we decided last night that my daughter loves history so much she doesn't want to do just  geography.  So we will be using Masterbooks for history and adding in a Geography study to this but not Heart of Dakota as it will be way too much to do.  Heart of Dakota is meant to stand alone and it takes a good part of the day.  As much as I have always loved Heart of Dakota I am going to go with my daughters wishes since I did ask her if there was anything she wanted to change up before I purchase everything.  I will be using along side of our history some of the reading books and the mapping through art book that HOD suggests. 


1 comment:

Ben said...

I am not going to say that great work done but this is an awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles.Private Tutor Boca Raton This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles on the same matter.