Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Time flies

When your having fun.  It has been so long since I blogged.   When we started homeschooling we did a mix of younger kids curriculum.  It was fun.  Then we found Five in a Row and we had so much fun using that curriculum.  My daughter thrived with it.  We used it longer then it was stated for but my daughter learned so much.  We dug deeper into many topics.  Information she still knows to this day.  It was one of our best finds in homeschooling to date.  We were very sad to say good bye to FIAR.  I still have 2 of the manuals and many of the story books.  They are so hard to let go. 

For middle school at first we kind of wandered around looking for the curriculum that works for us.  My daughter learns through multiple ways.  So a hands on book based curriculum works best for her. We did try Beyond Five in a Row and for us it just didn't work.  We tried two different books and we just couldn't find out groove with it.  So it didn't work. 

This past year we found another curriculum that we love just as much.  Masterbooks.  Its a great curriculum.  I love curriculum that is not just boring dry textbooks.  So far all we have used we have enjoyed and my daughter has learned a lot from.  I enjoy the way the curriculum has been written.  For history although its a textbook it is written more in story form.  The science we have used we have enjoyed and learned so much. 

For math we still use Teaching Textbooks.  I can't say she loves it.  I don't think anything math related will the word love be used in the same sentence.  But she has thrived with Teaching Textbooks.  For us that equals a win and a great curriculum.  Something that can turn my math hater into tolerating math is a win.

We are at the end of 8th grade this year.  I can't believe my daughter will be in 9th grade come the fall. : Recently we were at the homeschool theater group my daughter is a part of year end Progress show and at the end they held a graduation for any of the seniors.  I might have cried a little with the moms on stage as I know time really goes so fast.  You blink and they are grown. 

Coming soon next years line up of curriculum.  I am so excited.

No comments: