Monday, April 25, 2011

Recently I went to a book sale with my friend Kim and sister Michelle. The online bookstore Christian books have a warehouse near Boston and twice a year they have a big warehouse sale. I got so many good deals. I really didn't know what to think when Kim invited me to this sale with her. We got up at the ungodly hour of 6:30 am to drive there. The line to get in was long. My sister said it reminder her of black Friday. Once in there the 3 of us all headed to the homeschool section. So..... here are my finds for next school year.......


Math- Horizon's first grade Math book one and two... I couldn't find the teachers book I got those 2 for a whopping $7 total! They are new but slightly damaged... the covers look old.
Spelling Workout Books A & B both student books and teachers books. Each book was only $3.
Phonics-Horizon's book 1
This fun book All About Time Discovering How the Calendar Affects You. It looks like so much fun.You learn about time in many ways... the beginning of time, years, months and seasons, Calendars, clocks, times zones, why we grow old and sooo much more!

I also got many non school stuff. I can't wait for their fall Sale. I will be telling my other homeschooling friends all about this sale.

We have a good start for the fall. I am still on the lookout for a history and science curriculum. I have an idea on what I want to do. But we will see.
For grammar I am using a free curriculum off the internet along with worksheets.

At the sale I did get some stuff to finish out this school year with. I picked up Horizon's kindergarten phonics workbooks to go along with what we are doing now, Horizon's Health both the teachers guide and children's workbook. Some extra math worksheets from life packs... these say first grade but they are what we are doing for math right now. So we are using them now.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I've heard so many wonderful things about Horizons! I love their Penmanship for Tobes.

Looks like you're off to a good start!

...danielle