Wednesday, May 8, 2013

We have Caterpillars

They arrived in the mail about 2 weeks ago.  We have 6 caterpillars.  We were supposed to get only 5.

 Samantha has been recording their growth. As of today we have 5 huge hungry caterpillars and one runt.  He is only slightly bigger then when the arrived.  The others are close to being 2 inches.  This little runt is lucky if he is 1 inch long.  I wonder if he will change into a butterfly. Only time will tell.


We are at the second week mark and that is when they start entering the second stage the pupa stage.  I think one is just beginning.  I am hoping the runt or tiny as Samantha calls him will also change we are wondering if he will just be a tiny butterfly.


the runt bottom right 



I think they are starting to go into the pupa stage I think. Well the one hanging on the left he has done that all afternoon.  Wiggling here and there.  

Its exciting to watch and wait.  




No comments: