Friday, February 20, 2009

Slow week...

Its been a slow week with Samantha sick. We did do some work on writing her numbers 1-5, counting objects and some simple adding. We also did some crafts using triangles. She decorated a birthday hat with all triangle. She made different pictures using only triangles. Until I get my camera fixed I wont be able to post pictures.

Right now we are not using a box curriculum. What we are using is different work books and printed pages. I have been able to find many useful things at stores like the dollar store, walmart, kmart, the Christian book store and the Christmas tree shop. Its been fun finding all sort of things to make it fun for Samantha to learn. Starting in the fall I we will be purchasing a boxed curriculum. Not sure yet what company I will go with but I have been researching it. I would like to find one that is hands on type of learning. As of right now I think that is how Sam learns best. She really does love doing the work sheets but She seems to learn so much more when its hands on learning.

No comments: