Friday, August 19, 2011

The ick factor....

Samantha and I have been taking care of my sisters creatures while she is on vacation. We go there and feed them and give them fresh water. Ok so these creatures are lizards. Yes creepy lizards. That we have to feed live crickets and worms too. Not one of my favorite things to do. Samantha has been helping me. Now I don't know if I call everything she has done help....

The day she helped me with the worms I thought she was going to have a melt down over feeding the "baby" worms to the lizards. We ended up taking one very tiny and in her eyes cute worm home. Now I draw the line at many creepy animals as pets. We have 2 cats and 2 mice and that's really all I want. But she was pathetic, begging me not to feed this worm to the lizards. She could have won and academy award for the most dramatic acting ever. "But Mommy" I heard, "You just don't understand. This worm is more than a worm to me, I love her, she is beautiful in my eyes. Mommy we can't let it be fed to a lizard. It has life." Yes so that day we came home with that teeny tiny worm in a cup to live in my home in a plastic container filled with potting soil and crumbs for food. The next worm feeding day I should have know not to take her with me. We came home with 4 "friends" with one of them being a "Mommy" for our tiny worm. But I can't complain too much.. she still picks up the gross worms and puts them in the bowl for me to dump in the tanks for the lizards.

Now I really draw the line at the crickets. My sister has about 4 or 5 now running free around her house. They are not coming to my house. Those things creep me out worse then the worms, worse then spiders.... have you ever tried picking one of them up to feed it to a lizard? No well then you just don't get how creepy they are. I had dreams about them last night. It took me forever to fall back to sleep I felt like I had them crawling all over me.

As for a learning experience out of this... I wonder who learned more. Me or her.... hmmm its a toss up. She was fascinated by watching them eat the crickets and worms. Me I learned never take a sensitive child along to feed live creature to other creatures... You never know what you may come home with.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Does it make me a bad friend for laughing?!

...danielle

Jen said...

Thats ok if you laugh I would be too if it wasn't me. Wait I did laugh at myself.