Saturday, May 12, 2012

the hard decissions

This school year isn't over yet and next year is still months away BUT  I already changed what I am going to use next year. 

Everything stays the same but I am going with a different phonics program and I am so excited.  This school year it was like pulling teeth to get her to do her phonics seat work She hated to do it.  I do think Abeka's excellent program is the reason she is reading so well.  BUT I am tired of the I hate this, I don't want to do this, some days its too easy, I hate this, this is so boring.  I was looking at our spelling curriculum and there is a phonics program that goes along with it.  On a whim I bought it from ebay.  I love it.  Samantha took a look and she loves it too.  So I think its a keeper and she will do it for second grade.

This is the hard part of homeschooling, picking just the right curriculum for her. To keep her loving to read and learning.  To stop the second guessing myself.  

As of today she has finished phonics, history and science for first grade.  We did start on science 2 because she loves science so much and will continue with it until we are totaly done with all first grade work and then continue it in the fall.

No comments: