Monday, August 1, 2016

New School Year Excitement

So we are half way through the summer.  I am already getting excited about starting a new school year in the fall.  I thought I had it all planned out.  What we were going to use.  But ideas change and I have a whole new plan.

Why I changed the plan... Steve and I have been seriously talking about moving down to North Carolina next year so we can be closer to our grandchildren.  We do live in a great area for Early American History spots.  So we are going to visit Native American's to the Civil War Era this year.  We will hopefully be able to stop at some civil war historical places along the way down to visit Mike in the spring.  I want to make sure we get to all the spots up here in New England before we move.

Also science has changed too. Originally Samantha asked to learn about Human anatomy.  But now she wants to learn about about the ocean, ocean creatures, and beaches. Also in this study we she will be learning about live around a fresh water pond.  The ocean study because once we move down south the ocean will be about a 4 hour drive.

We will continue with our FIAR studies.  I had hoped to be finished with volume 4 but life got in the way so we will be finishing up volume 4 and then moving onto Beyond Five in a Row. I already have all of Beyond Volumes and the books.  Samantha loves FIAR so much she asked if she can finish the stories for FIAR volume 4 first.  I did purchase all the digital volumes too.  This should be shaping up to be a great year.

So the line up is:
Grammar- Rod and Staff
Math- Teaching Textbooks
History- Living Books, Five in A Row studies & Field Trips
Science- Living Books, Five in A Row Studies, hands on Experiments & Field Trips
Spelling- Spelling You See
Health- It's Great to Be a Girl! Finish this book from last year
Reading- Reading great books.









No comments: